How to setup multiple monitor with 2 27" iMac?
Hi Tech Steve,
How are you? I recently purchased 2 27″ iMacs with Retina Display with the hopes of having a multiple monitor setup. However, it seems like it cannot be done, so I have been told, because they do not have Target Display Mode. I was wondering if you know if a way to do this. Thanks,
Follow these steps to start using your iMac as a display:
- Make sure that your iMac is turned on, and the other Mac is logged in to a macOS user account.
- Connect the Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt cable between the two computers.
- Press Command-F2 on the keyboard of the iMac that you want to use as a display.
Source of the info – Click Here
You need the following to use Target Display Mode:
- A Mac notebook or desktop with a Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt port. If your Mac has Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports, you can connect it using the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter.
- A Thunderbolt cable or a Mini DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort cable
- A supported iMac with OS X v10.6.1 or later